Fidelis Records Audiophile Master Series!
Recorded Live, Direct-To-Master using Tube Equipment! Extraordinary Dynamic and Lifelike Sound!
The Fidelis Record Philosophy:
It is Fidelis Records’ fervent belief that the life, the energy, the soul of the music and the magic that happens between musicians is unique to the live performance and is unattainable when individual performers record their tracks independently and are later joined together in a mix. So what you get from Fidelis Records are LIVE recorded performances.
What this means is that the music Fidelis Records records is always:
• Played LIVE, start to finish, DIRECT-TO-MASTER, without over-dubbing or splicing together of notes.
• Recorded in acoustical spaces that allow the music to LIVE. The rooms that Fidelis uses are typically old church sanctuaries, art museums, or theatrical venues, chosen for their clean, balanced, and natural sound
• The signal path must be kept as short as possible and the typical electronic processing such as compressing, limiting and equalization are not used. Fidelis Records uses mostly custom tube recording equipment made by Tube Research Labs, Inc. In turn, the recording is extraordinarily dynamic and lifelike!
• Each disc is then made individually, burnt in «realtime» not stamped on a gold CD-R for dramatically increased fidelity and sound.
This SACD features one of the greatest of the Russian composers: Tchaikovsky. This album features The Tchaikovsky Chamber Music Society performing The Seasons arranged for Piano Trio. This SACD contains the full performance of Tchaikovsky’s Seasons, from January through December. The listener is swept away into the life of the music, into its body and soul.
Seasons represent scenes from Russian life, landscapes from the heart of Russia and its climatic features: white nights in May, hay cutting in July, and wheat harvesting in August. During the composition of Seasons, Tchaikovsky incorporated three distinct musical styles. Each month from Seasons was given a sub-title by Tchaikovsky and an epigraph written by a variety of famous Russian poets.
January – «Beside the Fireplace» «The night threw a blanket of dusk over a peaceful nook, The flame is dying in the fireplace, and the candle has burnt.» – A. Pushkin
February – «Shrove-Tide» (Carnival) «Soon a boisterous carnival will start a grand feast.» – P. Vyazemsky
March – «Larks Song» «Field flowers bend with the wind, Waves of light pour from the sky, The blue of which is filled with songs of the lark.» – A. Maikov
April – «Snowflower» «A blue and pure snowflower has woken up to meet the spring, A last reminder of foregone suffering And a fresh hope of happiness to come.» – A. Maikov
May – «White Nights» «What a night! Serene and peaceful, I bless my native land, The kingdom of ice and snow Giving birth to a fresh and pure spring!» – A. Fet
June – «Barcarole» «Let’s walk to the shore, where the sea will gently kiss our feet, Stars with secret sadness will shine overhead.» – A. Plescheyev
July – «Hay-Cutter’s Song» «Hey, shoulder, get ready for work, My arm, don’t let me down! Welcome, wind, blow in my face!» – A. Koltsov
August – «Harvest Time» «Families are harvesting Cutting clear tall rye. Sheaves of rye are piled in shocks, The night filled with music of squeaking cart wheels.» – A. Pushkin
September – «Hunting» «It’s time! The trumpet is calling! Huntsmen in hunting attire Have mounted horses since the dawn, Hounds jumping in anticipation.» – A. Pushkin
October – «Song of the Fall» «It’s fall, and our white garden is shedding, Yellow leaves floating on the quiet water.» – A. Tolstoy
November – «Riding the Troika» «Don’t look at the road wistfully, Do not hurry to catch up with the Troika. And forget forever The burning sadness in your heart.» – N. Nekrasov
December – «Christmas-Tide» «Once maidens got together at night For fortune-telling. A shoe taken off the foot Is thrown over the gate.» – V. Zhukovsky
• 16Bit/44.1kHz Stereo SACD
• Direct Stream Digital (DSD)
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a ‘Red Book’ Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Fidelis Records Audiophile Master Series
• Direct-To-Master Recording
• No Over-Dubbing or Splicing Together of Notes
• Recorded with Custom Tube Equipment from Tube Research Labs
• Recorded November 2001 at Saint Mark’s Church, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario.
The Tchaikovsky Chamber Music Society:
Atis Bankas, violin
Teymour Sadykhov, cello
Galina Zisk, piano.
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
1. January «By The Hearth»
2. February «Carnival Time»
3. March «Song of the Lark»
4. April «Snowdrop»
5. May «White Nights»
6. June «Barcarolle»
7. July «Reaper’s Song»
8. August «Harvest»
9. September «The Hunt»
10. October «Autumn Song»
11. November «In the Troika»
12. December «Christmas»
Total Time: 42:14