Descripción del Producto
Stereo investing and enjoying made simple. How to choose, set up, and enjoy the latest high-technology audio systems are all given expert insight in this indispensable guide for stereo shoppers. Consumers today often use home-audio systems for both stereo music and surround-sound music, they buy multichannel systems instead of two-channel stereo systems, they may have HDTV and flat-panel televisions, and they have largely moved to in-wall and on-wall loudspeakers rather than floorstanding units. Questions relating to all of these changes are covered in a novice-friendly way, as well as Super Audio CD, DVD-Audio formats, and all of the latest surround-sound formats for home theater. The emphasis is not only on solving shopping dilemmas, but also on getting great sound from an audio system.
With this book you will discover how to choose the bests components for the money, how to match components for the best sound, and how to set up and fine-tune a system for maximum performance. In 12 fact-filled chapters – covering everything from stereo to multichannel music to home theater – this book helps you reap the benefits of Robert Harley’s years of reviewing experience, saving you time, trouble, trial, and error.
• What is High-End Audio?
• Getting Started – Defining Your System
• How to Choose an Audio System
• Becoming a Better Listener
• Digital Source Components
• Turntables, Tonearms, and Cartridges
• Power and Integrated Amplifiers
• Audio for Home Theater and Multichannel Music
• Cables, Racks, and AC Conditioners
• How to Get the Best Sound From Your System