In March 2014, some of the world’s biggest names in music came together to honor the life and work of the late, great Jon Lord at the Royal Albert Hall, hosted by The Sunflower Jam charity.
Divided into two parts the classical life of Jon Lord as well as his rock life the concert gave fans a chance to relive Jon Lord’s remarkable and extensive musical career, remembering music from Paice Ashton Lord, Deep Purple, his later classical compositions and everything in between.
The 83-piece Orion Orchestra performed, conducted by Paul Mann and accompanied by bands and artists such as Deep Purple, Paul Weller, Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman and many, many more.
It was a memorable night, a night of great music but also an explosion of joy and will to live.
«It was like no concert I have ever played. To a person everyone in the Hall was there for a common purpose to honour a wonderful man and a great musician. The Royal Albert Hall is a fairly large venue and can be intimidating, but that evening it was more like a gathering of friends at their local (if slightly oversized) pub than a regular show. I believe all the artists, the people in the audience and even the crew helping to make the show work, felt the difference that night.» – Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
• Vinyl LP
• Gatefold jacket
• Made in Germany
• The Sunflower Jam will donate all royalties received for this release to The Jon Lord Fellowship
Paul Mann, conductor
1. Things Get Better – feat. Paul Weller
2. I take What I Want – feat. Paul Weller & Micky Moody
3. Silas And Jerome – feat. Phil Campbell (The Temperance Movement), Ian Paice & Bernie Marsden
4. I’m Gonna Stop Drinking – feat. Phil Campbell, Ian Paice & Bernie Marsden
5. Soldier Of Fortune – feat. Steve Balsamo, Sandi Thom & Micky Moody
1. You Keep On Moving – feat. Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey & Micky Moody
2. Burn – feat. Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey & Rick Wakeman
3. This Time Around – feat. Glenn Hughes