“A passionate evening of instrumental storytelling…it was apparent from the first notes Chris Botti played at the Wilshire Theatre on Friday, that the sold-out house was in for a special evening.” -Don Heckman, Los Angeles Times
December 2005. Los Angeles, California. Trumpeter Chris Botti, on the heels of his break-through gold certified album”When I Fall In Love,” and the record-breaking follow-up, “To Love Again,” plays two triumphant shows at the Wilshire Theatre backed by a full orchestra and his virtuosic band. Playing repertoire mostly culled from these two hit albums, Chris is joined onstage by some of the world’s most accomplished singers and musicians (in order of appearance): Sting, Jill Scott, Paula Cole, Burt Bacharach, Renee Olstead, Paul Buchanan, and Gladys Knight. The show is filmed for the PBS special, “Chris Botti Live with orchestra & special guests…and this DVD.
1) Someone To Watch Over Me
2) When I Fall In Love
3) A Thousand Kisses Deep
4) What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?- featuring Sting
5) Good Morning Heartache- featuring Jill Scott
6) My One and Only Love- featuring Paula Cole
7) The Look Of Love- featuring Paula Cole and Burt Bacharach
8) Cinema Paradiso
9) Pennies From Heaven- featuring Renee Olstead
10) Are You Lonesome Tonight?- featuring Paul Buchanan
11) Lover Man- featuring Gladys Knight
12) My Funny Valentine- featuring Sting
13) Why Not
14) One For My Baby— BONUS not on original PBS broadcast
About the Actor
CHRIS BOTTI LIVE documents two wonderful concerts recorded in December of 2005 featuring Chris, his band, the backing of a full orchestra and featuring some VERY special guests.
Special Guest Artists: Sting, Gladys Knight, Paul Buchanan, Jill Scott, Renee Olstead, Burt Bacharach & Paula Cole
Includes almost one full hour of bonus features:
* “The Making of Chris Botti Live” – an in-depth documentary that takes the viewer behind the scenes of this once in a lifetime concert event – with many exclusive interviews.
* “The Musicians” – a profile of Chris Botti’s extraordinary band: Billy Childs (piano), Billy Kilson (drums), James Genus (bass) and Mark Whitfield (guitar).
* “One For My Baby” – exclusive to this DVD, this song was not part of the original PBS broadcast.
* “Interview with Chris” – an extensive interview with Chris, giving his personal account of the events that led up to these fantastic concerts.
* “Message In A Bottle” – BONUS performance – Sting fronts Chris’ band for a stunning version of the Police classic. Not on the PBS broadcast.