Descripción del Producto
Numbered, Limited Edition Hybrid Multi-Channel SACD!
The Super Session album was conceived as a jam session with Kooper on keyboards and former Paul Butterfield Blues Band member Mike Bloomfield on lead guitar. Bloomfield was available during the first day of recording for Side 1 of the LP. For the second day of recording, Kooper brought in former Buffalo Springfield guitarist Stephen Stills. Recorded on a shoestring budget over a 2-day period in Los Angeles, Super Session went on to become a rock classic and earned the trio a Platinum record for sales of over one million copies.
The package includes new liner notes written by Al Kooper that tells the story of the Super Session album and the new 5.1 Multi-Channel mix. The 5.1 mix by Al Kooper with mastering by Bob Ludwig was never released and yet it has acquired great fame from industry insiders familiar with the Multi-Channel mix with comments like “amazing.” The new mastering of the Stereo tracks for new SACD Stereo and CD Stereo audio are by mastering engineer Steve Hoffman.
“This is one of those albums that seems to get better with age…a super session indeed.” -Lindsay Planer, allmusic.com
• Super Audio CD
• SACD 5.1 Multi-Channel SACD Layer
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a ‘Red Book’ Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• 5.1 surround sound mastering by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering Studios
• Stereo SACD and CD mastering by Steve Hoffman at Stephen Marsh Audio
• Al Kooper’s updated liner notes included in the colorful 12-page booklet
1. Albert’s Shuffle
3. Man’s Temptation
4. His Holy Modal Majesty
6. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
7. Season Of The Witch
8. You Don’t Love Me
9. Harvey’s Tune